shooting Marco Andretti with a LensBaby



I was at the St Petersburg race Sunday shooting images for Jonathan Summerton and Marco Andretti websites. I announced this on my facebook and a friend of mine, Mark Rebilas , gave a friendly challenge that I better impress him. I tell you what, Mark is such a perfectionist that I don't know if I could ever pull that off. You see, I met Mark as a young guy in the Navy with a hat in his hand asking for help and mentorship. I knew from the start this guy was going to be some amazing photographer. Sports or not, he had a natural talent for catching peak action that was very rare. He ended up getting out of the Navy and doing exactly that. Now he is living his dream and doing great at it. So it is only natural for him to challenge a guy like me to see what I have to say. Laughingly, I told him I would shoot the entire event with only a lens baby. Well, I didn't shoot the entire event with a lens baby. Maybe half. The other half was with an 800 mm lens that I borrowed from a friend.

I just love me some extremes!


No comments: