Fun with Guinneas and lights










I was at my friend John Sturdy's house yesterday for some creative time and creative food. While there I brought his son, Cameron a print of a turtle asa gift. It was then, he suggested I take photos of his two Guinea Pigs. Who am I to refuse an opportunity. Luckily I try to make it a habit of always carrying a basic camera kit. My trunk kit includes my D90, a 17-55mm lens, 60mm lens (specifically for backyard project) and 2 SB-800s. Also, I typically will have a couple black foam core boards (bought at walmart office section for a couple bucks) and a small roll of white vinyl backdrop material. The boards and white Vinyl are versatile in that I can use the vinyl for backdrop when I want to go with that and the boards can be used as go-bo for light fall off. In this case I used the boards as backdrop and the vinyl for a small bounce of my flash. I usually have a bit of black foil (as seen here) for making light diffusers, snoots and such. I was out, but luckily John had a bit handy. I won't get into flash position or set up as it was always changing. The beauty of 'playing' with light is to be able to adjust your lights, experiment, test and see what you get. It is always fun to be around creative people and to do this kind of stuff. Like I say always, when you stop treating it like work it is always fun. We had a great time and the images show. I think even the Guineas enjoyed it.



No comments: