ASMP Strictly Business Blog

A while ago, I was privileged enough (and smart enough) to be able to attend one of only four Strictly Business 2 seminars. These were 4 day seminars put on by ASMP and taught by some of the leading and most successful photographers in the industry. They gave a wealth of information that cannot have a price tag. What I do now and how I operate is in direct reflection of the knowledge I gained from this class. I was able to talk two other friends into attending and they are experiencing the same awareness and successes. 

This blog is open and free. Why such information for free you might ask. Well, here is a thought. If I want for my business to be successful and for my competition to also be successful, wouldn't it behoove me to make sure you are all on the same wavelength? If you have no idea about business and make stupid mistakes, give your imagery away, underbid on jobs, not even know how to manage your imagery, then you are going to possibly destroy a client's impression of what a professional photographer is like. 

We have way too many people that think that just because they own a camera that it makes them a pro photographer. You wouldn't think of a person that buys a canvas, brush and paints to be a serious artist would you?

This blog already has a ton of information that is extremely practical towards your daily photo career. No matter how many years you have been in the business, it is very healthy to look through and get a few new ideas.

No comments: