The importance of Synergistic relationships





Today was an incredible day. 

Rewind by about three months when I had the honor to have an image presented in a small photo exhibit put on by ASMP. While at the exhibit party, Anna and I met with John Sturdy of the Sturdy Group. He is a videographer who is also an ASMP member. Very passionate about what he does, John became a member of ASMP because he enjoys being around other passionate visual communicators. Impressed with my 1:1 project, he had offered to help put a video documentary about me and the project. "Call any time," he said. How often do we hear that and never get a response? But I am always a person that gives the chances. Fast forward to last week when I was working on an assignment with Jonathan Summerton and images for his website. I called John and asked if he would be interested in participating in this. Little did I know he would bring award winning Niki Hinman or offer to do a multimedia project on the agency I have been working with NOR offer to help along with a production about Jonathan NOR even become a great friend in the process and so fast.

He came to the house today to do interviews with Anna and I and ended up spending most of the day doing it. Going way out of his way for us showed he had a serious attitude towards doing great things at great lengths... JUST BECAUSE!!!

It is people like this that make my life all the much better and enjoyable. It pays off. Because of all the extra effort he and I did with Jonathan we were able to acquire special passes to this weekend's race in St Petersburg to get imagery of Jonathan in action. I can't think of a better example of Synergy. That way of making 1 + 1 = 3.

This attitude and passion works. TRY IT!!!


No comments: