Hitler's impression of the D3X price

This video was hilarious. But my emotions towards the arrogant, blatant and uncalled for increase in price was exactly the same. How about this for an analogy. You are speeding down the highway of technology and ability. You pull off to the side of the road to fill the tank with some gas. You have a credit card for BP because it is good to stick with the same gas, but when you drive to it, you see the cost per gallon (or per megapixel) is 3 times the amount as the cost at the other stations that serve the same or similar quality gas.


What do you do???


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnwf2RShNV0


I made a comment on Editorial Photo about my outrage and a friend suggested I should have been a little more political about it. Perhaps I should wait until I have one in my hands and do an honest comparison before making statements about how pissed I am on this price, but I tend to listen to Rob Galbraith and his comparrison's a lot more than my own. I was waiting more than 6 months for the D3X to upgrade which is very necessary in the digital age, but at this price I am very curious to see how many are purchased. 

Anybody remember when the iPhone came out and people where waiting for hours to buy one only for Apple to lower the price by a third a few months later?


No comments: