Finding opportunities and GOING FOR IT!

While recently in Tequila, Mexico, I spent a day photographing the Agave fields and a Tequila factory. Towards the end of the day we where all tired and ready for the half hour crazy Mexican drive back to the house. As we were driving by, we locals gathering for what was apparently a rodeo. There is not one photographer (except for maybe the master Jay Maisel ) that sees a scene and opportunity for great images and says to him/herself, "I am too tired. Next time." or "I just don't have the access." or They'll never let me shoot there." or one of many other excuses we give ourselves to justify not shooting something. I am not saying I don't give myself any one of those excuses as well. This was just one of those times I didn't make 
an excuse. I rather said to myself, "When will I be back here again and how hard would it really be to get access and what images would I have if I DON'T shoot this." Sure I was tired at 
the end of the day, and if asked if I would do it again I would say, "Hell yeah!" Maybe next time though I would go out with one of Nikon's new line of cameras with the ability to capture high ISO with little to no noise. I do love the Nikon CLS system and the ability to have a wonderful partner to hold my flash for me for the portraits.





No comments: