Victoria one to one

Victoria is 4 years old. She is quite the livewire and fun to be
around. She is always curious whenever I am taking photos and when I
asked her if I could shoot her portrait she automatically gave a big
smile. Probably because she thought I was going to do it just then.
Anna, my partner/creative consultant/wife, helped me to keep Tori
still for the time it took to shoot this newest addition to the 1:1
project. She was one of the toughest to shoot because every time she
moved around things changed. The hair moves, the angle of the face,
etc. And since I only see her throught he lens at one inch at a time,
I can't tell if she moves until later. That said, I think it works.
That is one other element to this collection of images that make this
so powerful. What does a person think when a lens is a few inches away
from the face? What does a 4 year old think? She hasn't been broken
yet as to the reality of the world that we are all judged based on our
appearance. She hasn't found the need to put make up on nor has she
developed her personal bubble yet.

No comments: