Interesting ways to market yourself

Since I was talking about Leslie Burns-Dell'Acqua, I figured I would
share a latest project.
This is based around my backyard project where I capture wild
creatures, photograph them and set them free. leslie always preaches
about being different from the rest. Separating yourself from the pack
by sending interesting marketing. Don't be one of a hundred postcards
that go in the AD's trash weekly.

I found this really cool cup with a magnifying glass for a lid. I then
printed about 25 images per cup, each one different with the name of
the creature on the back with my info. On the box I stamped the name
of the project with stamps of bugs (dragonfly, lizard and ladybugs)
found at Michael's art supply in the scrapbooking section. I plan to
send these to people who have already shown interest in my work as
well as a few magazines and book publishers. I think the coolest part
is when they open the box there will be a small card describing the
project and once they pick up the card they will see this creature
staring back at them.

2 comments:

carlos benjamin - benjphoto.com said...

That spider is sure to give someone a shock! Great idea....

B5 said...

That is thinking outside the box!
:-)