Photos from the window seat

Being passionate about EVERYTHING you do is tough. How many times are
we traveling and see a beautiful seen outside the plane window and say
to ourselves, "wow how beautiful, let me get my camera out of my bag
in the overhead compartment and set this up and shoot through this
shitty airplane glass and hopefully get a shot that would make me
happy." I know I would say it a lot and never do it. Well, on my way
back from Mexico, Anna and I decided that was exactly what we would
do. I used a 17-55mm lens on a D200 and adjusted accordingly to reduce
the flare and scratches on the glass. I then brought the images into
CS4 and adjusted again to reduce haze until I was happy. Now that I
have told you how easy it was to make these images, does that minimize
them???

A lot of comments are made as to how the barrier between an amateur
and a professional is gone. The affordable cameras, software, etc.
make it incredibly easy to obtain an image in some form, but does that
still make everybody an artist? I can sure enough go to Michael's
art's and crafts, buy a ton of paints, canvas and every tool that
would make Picasso blush, but I guarantee I still make stick figures.
I could take all the 'How to' classes available, attend the workshops,
seminars and buy all the gear a person could want. What it still
always comes down to is the vision and desire to capture/create great
images. I am VERY happy with these and now excited about the next
flight. I think I will be doing this on every flight. It will always
be different. Try it!

No comments: