Get out there and shoot






Since I got back from a long trip, I haven't shot much. Stuck in front of the computer either editing or working on a proposal for a HUGE project. It gets boring, but is necessary for business survival. But we can't forget that what we also need to get out there and feed our creative beast in order for it to survive as well. 
Sunday, my friend John, his son, Cameron and I went out to the everglades to go 'mess around.' Like always I brought my gear. Really, how much extra work is it to put a case in the back of a car? And if you call it work then you are reading the wrong blog.

As we were driving, we came across this huge Lubber Grasshopper (romalea guttata) crossing the road. Not quite the same criteria as my backyard project, but who am I to turn away a client. 
This is the first time shooting a critter in a while since being so swamped with work so I was very excited to get down to basics with this guy. He was so beautiful with his elaborate colors and design. 

It felt really good to be out shooting something in nature again. 



No comments: