Changed my mind on Blurb. They can't be trusted

In the past I had made comments about Blurb and their book quality
being spotty, but if it was budget you were concerned about then they
were the ones to go with. But I must say that there is no way I could
ever use these guys again. Not for anything.

One thing I was happy with was that you could put a book up on their
site and offer for client's to order more, advertise to their friends
to order, etc.
But now there are other places that offer this.

Another item to be happy with is their customer service. They are
fairly quick to respond and have very little issues to send you a new
order with little issues.
But if you have to contact them EVERY SINGLE TIME you order a book
because it sucks then it isn't worth it.

I don't order books so I can enjoy emailing the customer service. I
don't dare want for a client to order a book on their own if I know
what the chances are that they get a crappy quality book.

Here is another example. The top is the first set of books. The bottom
is the second run. The cover was so bad it should not have left the
warehouse. I understand the prints where dark already, but the color
balance is drastically different from one book to the other.

Next check is on My Publisher. I already ordered a few books from them
and they have been good in quality. Of course if money is not an
option for the client then ALWAYS go with ASUKA Books.

Here is a comparison to MyPublisher. http://community.mypublisher.com/showthread.php?t=530

No comments: