woohoo!!! It pays to attend ASMP meetings


Times are tough. The earth is warming. The economy is shit. Terrorists could be living next door. Blah Blah Blah. I can't imagine what our kids are going to be like when they grow up with all this fear in their heart. Our civilization has made it through worse times and we will make it through this time. I do my part to help and keep aware of things, but what am I going to do? I am out of the military and done hunting terrorists. I recycle and stay as green as possible. I donate and help others who are bad off already. So what else can I do?

I can learn better business and help others to learn better practices in photography. If I can help others to have a good head on their shoulders and be a better business person in photography then wouldn't that be good. Just think about how many people live their entire lives NOT doing the things that make them happy simply because they feel they can't make a living any other way. 

I take picture for a living damnit!!! I love my life. Of course it is hard. Of course we wish we had more money. But what are we doing about it.

I am a new member of the board of ASMP in South Florida simply because I showed common interest and desire to catch up to my mentors and leaders. I am working diligently to be a better photographer, but more importantly a better businessman so I can have more financial freedoms to be a better photographer. Do you see the circle. 

I was really worn out last night. I didn't want to attend the meeting last night where we were showing the current project on the Light of Florida , but I alwasy feel like it is my obligation to attend and show my support. Besides it is great to get out of the house and see some friends in the community. Anna and I always enjoy ourselves after we make it and we are getting to know the members well. Last night was no different except they had door prizes.
I started reading it last night and was fully engulfed. Most of what is being said is info I have already learned over the years or from the Strictly Business 2 seminar I took last year. This is definitely THE manual for becoming successful in the world of photography.

I highly recommend it.
More importantly I highly recommend taking a look at ASMP and what they have to offer. Trust me, I don't benefit in any way by anybody joining. Only from the fact that I would have a new friend to see at future meetings.

No comments: