Marco Andretti photo shoot




Today, we had the privilege to photograph Marco Andretti for his website promo. He lives in an Apartment in Miami Beach and we only had 2 hours which to me is TONS of time. When shooting celebrities it is always important to be very very prepared as they don't usually give much time. In the past I have only had 5 to 15 minutes. But since this shoot is for his website promo the time was not as important as the images I needed to get to show him as a personable and approachable person. When we arrived, he was outside with his two very nice and very expensive cars. He asked if we could shoot that first. I wasn't expecting this as I had all the gear ready in the back of the truck to be set up inside his apartment. But we went with it and shot away. For this shot (and the others) I used an Elinchrom Ranger RX kit, one S head and Elinchrom umbrella. Anna held the umbrella on the end of a Bogen stand high overhead. I pumped up the power to compensate for the very bright 330 pm sun. My exposure was at f/22 and 1/250 of a second. I would love to have a faster shutter, but this is the fastest the elinchrom S head will sync at. The A head syncs at a much faster rate ( 1/5120 s ) so this is something I may consider getting later for stop action, but for now, 1/250 works.

It was just at the perfect timing when the sun happened to come behind a little cloud and give a few beams of light to give this larger than life feel to this young superstar.

These where my favorite shots. Other shots from this shoot will soon be on his website at www.marcoandretti.com



No comments: