Joey Lawrence's series called Abyssinia

I have mentioned Joey Lawrence before and how amazed and impressed I am. Not only with his incredible talent and ability to light, but more so on the fact he is 18 (or 19 by now). His name came up in a discussion I am having with someone as to an age limit on members of the ASMP. I brought his name up as a perfect example of someone who can (in my opinion) outshoot even the best, oldest and most experienced of them.

I saw images from his recent project called Abyssinia (the old name for Ethiopia) and completely floored me. I am awestruck by this man. He is really one of my favorite photographers of this generation.

Visit his site at www.joeyl.com and click on the personal link and then on Abyssinia.

AMAZING!!!! I can only hope to mentor someone that grows this fast.

No comments: