Backyard Treasures book project realized

I wanted to share my latest book project. Using Blurb.com I was able to create a 72 page full color hard bound book in less than a few hours. It came out great and I can't wait for my copies to come in. There are tons of book publishers out there. From Apple books, My Publisher, etc. In my opinion, there are three that meet a professional standard and for three types of uses. One is Asuka book. They use a 6 color printing process that is frankly amazing. Unfortunately they don't print larger than a 10x10 and their prices are pretty high. Not something to give away to just any agency to keep. There is no book program to get lost with which is good. You download blank photoshop pages and lay it out the way you want. 
For giveaways, I use Mpix. They are pretty amazing with their option to use linen paper. I order soft cover 8x10 books all the time, and the linen paper gets attention. Their program for loading images sucks, but the cost ($25 for a book) is pretty nice so I deal with it.
But then there are those times where you need something a little better than an Mpix book, but don't want to go spending the time and money on an Asuka book. That's where I decided to start using Blurb. They are pretty popular and have a fairly easy book layout program with nice and clean templates. The price is a little higher than MPix, but not something that is too terribly bad. One bit of advice is to not bother paying the extra $10-12 on the premium paper option. I recently ordered two books (one with premium and one without). I had to email customer support because I could not tell the difference. Their response was the premium paper is a bit thinner and the colors where a bit deeper. I literally had to put each on a scale to see the difference. In my opinion a waste of money. 
The best part of Blurb that blows every other company out of the water is their option to put your book up for sale. Now that is smart. I not only get to publish a prety cool book to show to clients, but I have the ability to sell to family, friends and fans. Not to mention one more thing that gets searched by agencies. Sound like a great marketing to me.
Nature photos of f...
By Aaron Ansarov

No comments: