I have a new hero

So I was at the ASMP photo show "Find Us Here" when I ran into Jeffery
Salter. Check out his work at http://www.jefferysalter.com/

Really nice guy and wonderful to talk to. Then I mentioned how my
background has been as a Navy photojournalist and as a Combat
Photographer. Then he says, "Yeah really? That is how I got my start."

Then I run into Benjamin Rusnak (who's website is being reworked right
now). He mentioned that he was mentored by a guy at the Indianapolis
Star who used to be a Navy SEAL during Vietnam. I said, "No he was a
Frogman and his name is Chip Maury." His eyes lit up. I said, "Chip is
my sea daddy.

Pretty small and incredible circle we live in.

Oh and did I mention I finally met the incredibly talented and incredibly TALL Brian Smith. What is it with successful people and height? I need lifts.

AA

No comments: