The Honl Speed Snoot is amazing!!!

I was a little hesitant about trying out the HonlPhoto Speed Snoots. I have heard great things about them and my buddy Tom Sperduto praised his devices immensely. I was recently in Portland attending a seminar with Tom when he suggested I try them out. I was already working on adding new subjects to my Backyard project so I gave them a try. All I can say is WOW!!! These things are amazing. The construction, the quality, it really makes a difference in the way the light is played. I had figured they wouldn't make too much of a difference on subjects as small as a 1/2 inch caterpillar, but they really did. I am a true fan. I can tell you I am very interested in trying out his other products. Check out his site at HonlPhoto.com 

Here are examples of the set up of the moth and the final results. I used my usual white board as a bounce for the SB-800 remotely synced using Nikon CLS system. The flash is mounted on a Justin Clamp (another great gadget to have).

1 comment:

Josh Jones said...

absolutely stunning images!