European Toad

This is one of my recent ones from a backyard in northern Poland. My
wife owns a lake house near the Mazurian lakes and we were going there
for vacation. Never on vacation from my photography, I brought my
Nikon D2X, 60mm Micro lens and two SB-800s. One Sb-800 was set to
commander mode while the other set on a channel. The beauty of using
the Nikon's CLS system really allows for me to make adjustments
without having to go to each flash. I simply turn my power up or down
from the master and the remote flash follows orders. For this Toad, I
knew when he opened his mouth to croak at me, I was going to have to
be fast. The first shot was not bright enough wo I quickly made my
adjustment from the flash on the camera and shot again. Every frame
was right on. To get a softer wrap on the toad's textured skin, I
bounced the flash off of a white foam core board.

No comments: