Life is about scales of shot and gold

So today was an experience. Drove to Miami to drop a portfolio for a
major job bidding against 2 BIG time photogs and then up to Palm Beach
for a meeting to discuss images for a client that wants to use me for
their entire website.
I am excited because Anna flies in today, but after picking up our
mail found that she missed her appointment with immigration by a few
hours.
I was opening up a month's worth of mail when I got a refund check
from my insurance company for $500, but the next letter was a bill
from the doctors office for $600.
I think of all the adversities, challenges, rewards, failures and know
that this is what makes us. The SEALs have a motto, "The only easy day
was yesterday."
I look to the storm and say "bring it on!" because I know the reward
is SO much better than running and hiding.

No comments: