I got Manduca Quinquemaculata in my tomatoes

Recently I built an above ground garden in my backyard. Not so much a "Crisis Garden" yet, but it sure is practice and a good form of relaxation and zen for me.
Recently I was in my tomato plant when I found this happy little critter. He was nearly invisible, but he wasn't prepared for me. Or was he waiting for me?


There's an image of my fingertip to show reference to size. I was really happy to capture the one of him reaching up in the air. Getting a moment like this is not easy because there are so many elements involved. First is the fact that the thing is moving all over the place. This means I can't necessarily have the camera on tripod. So this means I have to hand hold and maintain a focus. And shooting something at hearly 1:1 ratio means that a fraction of a centimeter puts me out of focus. Somehow I manage to get something most every time.

To see more from this project, go to my website at www.ansarov.com


No comments: